Saturday, August 14, 2010

Branson. Ugh.

Well where should I begin... Shane, myself, Ricky and Jessica headed to Branson this weekend. We were excited to get to the house and just RELAX. I've had a horrible cold the past few days, lost my voice and it's slowly coming back. Being pregnant means you can't really take much when you feel sick, so I am just waiting for it to pass and taking only what the Dr. said I could.

As soon as we got to the house it was 96 degrees in the house!!! The ac wasn't working and the temperature continued to climb. To make a looooooooooong story short someone came over, couldn't fix it and got us a hotel room down the road. The hotel was one-of-a-kind. The room was so hot and the mattress felt like they picked a rock up on the side of the road and placed it in the room and called it a bed. I slept horribly and meanwhile I'm pregnant and hotter than Haiti. I don't think you can really understand how I feel unless you have been/or are pregnant. I'm already hotter than a fried green tomato daily, and when there's no cold air I am just a basket case. It's the worst situation.

The night turned out better because I surprised the hubby with a Doppler and we got to listen to little Robertson's heartbeat. Going strong at 165 :) I'm just grateful we don't have to go without ac because I know there's a lot of people that do.

Today we went to Dixie Stampede and I loved it! Shane of course thought it was kind of dumb, but he loved the food. About that...you eat with your hands and they give everyone their own chicken. The waitress placed it on my plate and I became a vegetarian for the meal. You could see the feet and arms and it was like it walked onto my plate. GROSS! I couldn't help but notice the poor chickens butt hole so it was downhill from there. I loved the show though because I LOVE horses. I used to have them and it was one of my favorite childhood memories :) They're my favorite animal.

We are having a great trip though despite all the setbacks. We are back at the house and it's cooler now, so here's to a good night!

xoxo-

JRo

No comments:

Post a Comment