Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!!!!!

Wow, it has been way too long since I wrote a post I have had several people comment and say that they love reading it and this whole time I didn't think anyone really did. A lot has happened...we are having a BOY!!!!! We are both super excited!!! I have always wanted a boy and of course Shane did (what guy doesn't want a boy to carry on the name?!). The doctor asked Shane if he "pinned the tail on the donkey" right before we found out (meaning did you make a boy), lol and he sure did! There was no denying it :) His name will be Presley Trace Robertson and I'm in LOVE with the name! Cutest name ever in my opinion, lol. It's funny because my mom came up with Presley and Mark (Shane's dad) randomly came up with Trace when we were all swimming one day. I have to say it is unique and perfect.

We decided we are going to do an owl theme for the nursery. I am super excited and I can't wait to start decorating! Okay, okay I already have started but I mean REALLY start. My grandma always loved owls and for some reason it popped in my head when I was looking on Etsy. To give you an idea, here is what one of the pillows looks like for the crib. This one has it's eyes closed like it's sleeping, the other two we are getting have eyes opened :)



Also, I found a vintage owl necklace over the weekend when I was "treasure hunting" as I call it.




Last but not least for this post is an AMAZING handmade owl purse-type thingy-ma-jig that my mom-in-law got me in San Francisco!! I am in love and I will be using it to put diapers/wipes in my diaper bag :) 



Here is to having a good night and me promising to post on a regular basis.

xoxo,

Jro

2 comments:

  1. I love the owl theme!!! Man now I'm going to want to buy every owl thing I see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I posted a comment on here last night, but it was on my phone so i'm not sure it went through. But I was saying that the own idea is soooo cute! Now I'm going to want to buy every little owl thing I can find for little Presley!

    ReplyDelete