I have a VERY funny story that happened during the delivery. Shane filmed the whole thing (from up by me) When it was time to cut the cord, Dr. Nilson handed Shane the scissors and then Dr. Nilson said "okay dad flip it!" Shane stood there excited, nervous, panicked and he said "WHAT?!" and then Dr Nilson said "flip it dad, flip it!" Then Shane took the scissors and FLIPPED them OVER!! Hahahahahaha. All the nurses and everybody laughed and it was hilarious because Dr. Nilson meant "Flip it" as in the flip video camera...he was saying "video it!" It was hilarious :)
This last week has been amazing. He sleep s really good and I have to wake him up sometimes to eat. He's eating every three hours and he finally has the hang of breastfeeding. It was so important to me to do this, it's just so healthy for him. It was hard at first but now he is a champ! People always told me breastfeeding would help you loose weight and I am happy to say after a week I have LOST 24 pounds!! 6 pounds to go! I am hoping that I even lose a little more to be back in great shape! The weight loss isn't just because of breastfeeding, but I do think it helps :) We are headed to Destin in a couple months and I am happy to say I think I will be ready for the beach sooner than I thought :)
A FEW THINGS IN THE FIRST WEEK I DON'T EVER WANT TO FORGET
- Our first night in the hospital with Presley, Shane called for the nurse because there was a huge blackish blob that went all the way up Presley's back. We panicked and it ended up just being part of his first "poo" LOL
- Our first nurse (can't remember her name) said "here is your hospital gown if you wanna go ahead and change." I said "no thank you, I brought my own" haha. She said "I've never in 5 years had someone bring their own hospital gown." Really?? I can't imagine. We had a good laugh :)
- My first real food after labor was Double Stuffed Vanilla Oreos Sami and Adam brought me!
- Heather also brought me a Red Velvet Cheesecake Blast from Sonic YUMMO!
- My bestie Sarah cried when she held Presley and it was the sweetest thing :)
- The L&D bed and the bed you get after delivery were the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept in
- When I was about to deliver, Everybody Loves Raymond was on TV and the mom was in labor too
- My first hospital meal was chicken quesadillas and they were delicious! Shane ordered steak and it was gross. I could have told him that. Who orders steak in a hospital?? YUCK! Only my hubby :)
- We sent Presley to the nursery twice and both times it lasted like 45 minutes. We can't be apart!
- The amazing feeling I had when I got to leave the hospital with my baby AND breathe the fresh air outside after being cooped up in bed for a couple days
- When we left the hospital, it took us an extra 10 minutes to fix the car seat and make it go into the base. Talk about a grand exit!
- I had matching jammies that Pres wore too. We left the hospital in them :)