Friday, March 18, 2011

Friendships

We all have them. Some last a little while and some last forever. Some we met years ago and some we haven't even met yet. Some are crazy and some put us in our place when needed. I'm talking about friends.

We meet friends in the neighborhood growing up, then in school, then in college, then at work, then when we have kids etc...

I found this quote and it fits exactly what I'm about to talk about...

"If you are brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting which can be anything from your house to bitter old resentments and set out on a truth-seeking journey either externally or internally... And if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue... And, if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher... If you are prepared, most of all, to face and forgive some realities, then the truth will not be withheld from you."


For me I started really noticing things about some friendships I had when I was pregnant with Presley. I've always been the type of person that will be the first person to call a friend to congratulate them or call to schedule a time to see each other. Being so busy with baby things though I didn't have as much time for that and I noticed that a certain few friends never really called. I thought maybe I was being dumb but as time went by, nothing. I was so excited to have the nursery done and ready for baby and was excited to show two friends that never came. It happened again when Presley was born. No visit and eventually a call that came way too late. I'm not sad about it but I was hurt. Now, I'm over it. I'm also over trying to have a friendship with them when their wasn't really a friendship there in the first place like I thought. Many wonderful, amazing friends came to see the nursery and celebrated the joys of my pregnancy with me :) I'm blessed to have amazing friendships some really old and also some that are new. God puts people in your life for a reason and some aren't meant to stay around forever. It doesn't mean you don't wish them well and want to see them happy.

I'm extremely happy with the friends and friendships I have. The ones I am close to know I would do anything for them and I know they would do anything for me :) Having a baby really does change everything even the way you look at friendships I guess, lol.

Presley Update: He played on his play mat again and he LOVES it. He is really starting to hit all the toys and stare them down. I have video of it I will post soon! I got the cd of the 1 month pictures of him and here are a few of my FAVS :)






Now I have to go snuggle with my shug :)


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment